Friday, April 13, 2007

We are back!

and we had a delightful time visiting my mom and my family in BC. We went to Kimberley - just a four hour drive from Lethbridge, and well worth the visit: http://www.city.kimberley.bc.ca/siteengine/activepage.asp?bhcp=1

We shopped in the Platzl - where I found a trove of knitting and cross-stitch magazines at one of the local thrift stores, and bought a bag full of Jo Sonja paints for a great price at a local shop....

we had a lovely visit and colored easter eggs at my brother and sil's home....

we went to Fort Steele - http://www.fortsteele.ca/ for Easter Sunday, and the kids had a blast searching for easter eggs in the straw, going on a wagon ride, and walking around this amazing little town in gorgeous sunshine...

and we enjoyed visiting with my mom and her dog Midnight - lots of good walks, long talks, and knitting in the evenings :)

Speaking of knitting - I finished my shawl and just spent an hour on my knees blocking it out on the basement floor. I am so tickled to have this one done - this is Alita by Herbert Niebling, with an added Lover's Knot edging, knit with an old Bernat yarn called Kabuki - which feels like cotton but is silk and acrylic. It is about 60 inches in diameter - maybe a wee bit more. On the final rounds, I had 840 stitches, and I knit 1680 rows of the edging! I had just a half ball left - which sure beats needing a half ball and never being able to find it :) So here it is

before washing and blocking ----- and after



No comments: