Sunday, April 01, 2007

Odds and Ends

It has been one of those weeks filled with lots of little things! The list includes driving not one but both kids to festivals and workshops - on different days of course! - and then spending 3 and a half hours waiting for them to test for their next belts in tae kwon do yesterday. They did very well, by the way, and we are very proud of how hard they have been working at it. DD and I visited a friend of hers in hospital - poor little thing was just diagnosed with diabetes - and then the next evening DH and I actually went out for supper together - without kids!!! - when a friend took both our kids for a playdate. Now that was a wonderful surprise :) I spent one afternoon clearing out flowerbeds for our wonderful 95 yo neighbor who just cannot manage this year, and will do his back yard this coming week - if it stops snowing.

I am making progress on adding a lace edging to my shawl - just over half way done on now! I already have the next shawl planned, so cannot wait to get this one off the needles and blocked. I ended up with 840 stitches on my last rows - so that means 1680 rows of lace edging!








I have begun making up the pieces for my Peacock Chair by The Cats Whiskers Designs - looks good so far! I chose different feet so I could paint them to match the fabric - and just have to finish and stuff the arms so that I can start putting it all together. Can't wait to have it done :)




And I finally started the stitching on a page from the Ackworth Token of Friendship book! I am in a RR with a lovely group of stitchers and am looking forward to stitching pages for everyone else's book as they stitch for mine. I am working on 28 ct DMC linen in snowdrop, using Purple Haze WDW.

Finally, I am nearing the completion stages on a quilting project - just finished hand stitching the crazy quilt blocks, and am hoping to do some meander quilting this week, and then on to the embellishment stage! This is a special project for a friend from another group, so no pics til it is done! Do you think there is any hope of finishing anything before we leave for an easter holiday?? Thanks to everyone who has left comments - you have really brightened up my days!

1 comment:

Elizabeth MacGregor-Kirkcaldy said...

Sounds like you had a busy week, Kathy! I love your lace shawl... it's so gorgeous... and you kitty is adorable! :-)

Peacock Chair is amazing! I love it and it's coming together so nicely... :-)

I love the Ackworth Token of Friendship book... can't wait to see more of this one! :-)