Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Finished!!






well, I did manage to finish something off before we leave on Friday! This little beauty is the Peacock Chair by The Cats Whiskers Designs. It came together rather nicely today and I could not be more pleased :) Rather than gluing all the pieces together as per the instructions, I sewed the arm rolls, chair sides and chair back onto the seat/drawer/base unit. It gave a tighter, tidier finish that I preferred to glue.



For those who need to know, I stitched on miracle mint belfast with Daydreams and Wild Lavender Dinky Dyes silks. I also changed the feet, as I wanted to paint them to match the fabric.


Janie from The Cats Whiskers has asked if she can put my email address on her site as a N. American finisher - hmmmm. I did agree to finish future projects for her, and will have to think about the other . I have already had a number of inquiries from my online stitching friends - in fact, I think I will probably be making up a whole living room full of lovely chairs! I cannot wait to see what she comes up with next in this line!

1 comment:

Anita said...

It is so pretty. I love your choice of colors in the threads and of course your finishing techniques are so amazing.