Tuesday, March 20, 2007

You blink twice

and a week has gone by! Guess that is a sign of a busy life :) Spring is here this week - the tulips and daffodils are coming up, as are the iris and flax! I saw the early peony that lives right beside the house this morning, and a robin out in the back yard. Makes me want to get out and clean up the yard....... but that can wait til things are just a bit warmer.

Speaking of warmer - this is the pair of socks I just sent to my mom. Her feet swell by the end of the day, so I made them to be loose. They are knit of Online supersocke 100 yarn and were a fun project.


I am in a birthday exchange with a wonderful group of ladies, and since the March birthday girl has received her package, I can show the needlebook I stitched for her. This is from And A Forest Grew by Rosewood Manor, and is stitched on a 28 ct linen using GAST & WDW I subbed for the DMC.
Enough for today - things to do and places to go!

1 comment:

Elizabeth MacGregor-Kirkcaldy said...

Congrats on the Beautiful Needlebook finish, Kathy! I love the design you chose and the fabby is gorgeous... It's a lovely gift. I want to try my hand at a needlebook one day soon... just need to figure out how to finish one. ;-)

The socks you knitted for your Mom are beautiful... I know she's going to love them!

It's a lovely Spring day here, thank goodness... I need to start working in my flower garden as well... sadly there just aren't enough hours in the day!

Love your Peacock Chair as well! :-) I can't wait to see it once you've finished it! I've been thinking about ordering this, but I know I could never *finish* it!