Sunday, March 11, 2007

Celtic Banner HD


March 11, 2007


Last night I made the final revisions to the alphabet of Celtic Banner - I frogged the purply bits of the Java waterlilies out, and restitched with the brown and gray bits! Much, much better! I am so happy to have this done! Now to finish it off as a bellpull - I have the beads to add and a nice branch of diamond willow to hang it on. Can't wait to see it on the wall - wait.... that means I have to find a space! That may be easier said than done.
And the details - Celtic Banner (c) MLI of Butternut Road Designs. Stitched on 29 ct natural glenshee linen, using DMC, Wildflowers and Java Waterlilies silk for the alphabet. Done March 10, 2007!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so very beautiful! What a wonderful achievement Kathy! Well done.

BTW.....so happy to see you blogging. I love your work and it'll be nice seeing you blog about it. ;o)

Elizabeth MacGregor-Kirkcaldy said...

You know I love this Kathy... seeing yours makes me want to drag mine back out... alas, too much on the go at the moment! lol

Congrats on such a Beautiful finish and I can't wait to see it hanging on your wall as well... that diamond willow branch sounds just perfect!

I'm so glad to have found your blog... as now I can follow your progress on all your lovely stitching and finishing... :-)