Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Yesterday it was spring....



but we had snow overnight, so we are back to winter again. The kids pulled on their boots and warm coats, and grumbled a bit as we headed out the door for school. I came back home and made bread - nothing like having the oven on to warm up the house that extra little bit! And nothing like fresh, whole grain and seed bread hot out of the oven.




That blue puddle on my stitching chair is my knitting project - I am at row 118 of Alita - a doily design by Herbert Niebling. I am limiting myself to 2 rows a day - and at over 600 stitches a row, that takes about an hour. My hope is that it will be a gorgeous shawl when I am finally done!

And finally, that is my darling daughter showing off the hat she finished last night on her knitting circle thingy - can't for the life of me remember what it is called. Since it is rather small we decided it is a toddler hat, and she plans on giving it away to the first eligible toddler she sees!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your knitting is fantastic. I'd love to see the design in your new 'shawl'. I LOVE lace knitting. What yarn are you using?

My youngest dd likes to use her round knitting loom thingy as well. She's made a couple of hats for her dolls. ;o) You dd is cute!

Anonymous said...

I can smell that from your bread smells...very delicious.
youre ornie is very cute.
hugs manu

Casa Pearl said...

They are forecasting snow for us tomorrow night too. Ugh it will probably be wet and heavy as heck but at least we know it won't last too long. Your bread makes my mouth water and your knitting is amazing - can't imagine 600 stitchess...

Casa Pearl said...

Forgotto add that your ds's hat is way cool!!! And i love her Tshirt too!

Elizabeth MacGregor-Kirkcaldy said...

Yummy... that bread looks delicious and is making me so hungry! :-)

Your knitting project is gorgeous and it looks so soft... love the colours!

And your dd is precious... her wee hat is so cute... and she looks so proud of it! :-)